Wednesday, October 12, 2011

T-minus 19 Days


It’s that time of year again, and we all know it. Well, most of us do.

It’s almost NOVEMBER!

And November means a myriad of things. Even more fall colors, college previews for us seniors, Thanksgiving, and most importantly, NaNoWriMo!!!

This will be my second year doing NaNoWriMo, and the first year that I actually have a plan for what I’m writing. A couple months in advance. Okay, actually, I’ve been messing around with this idea for the last five months, ever since I finished the first book. But shhhh, I’m keeping it a secret until November, so you’ll have to wait until then to find out about it ^_^

Last year, I wrote without a plan. I didn’t even have a character until the 1st of November. Then, it just evolved from there. I didn’t even have a semblance of a plot until halfway through January, when it just hit me, ‘Oh, that’s what I should do’.

The same thing happened with Script Frenzy, a challenge where you’re supposed to write a 100 page script (movie, T.V., stage, etc.) in the month of April. By the end of April I had 200+ pages, and decided to turn it into a novel. Once again, I had had no characters at the beginning of the month, no plot, not even a setting. I finished writing it two months ago...

This year will be a little different, having to base things off of something that I’ve already written, but I’m trying to see it as just a continuation of the first book. Of course, two days in, I might end up scrapping that idea and writing something completely different. We’ll see.

--Star Lit

No comments:

Post a Comment