Sunday, November 20, 2011

NaNoWriMo Day 20:


Status: 77,777 words / 50,000 words

Whoops.

Guess it’s been a while. Not my fault. I’ve been gone, and internet and computer access were limited, and I never had the forethought to write the blog posts before I left... Oh well. As you can see, I passed 50,000 words, a number of days ago. On day 10, I believe.

It’s really been a lot of fun to write all of this. My character finally got through summer (that took forever), and started back at school, made some new friends, and is now at one of the major plot points in the story. I’m forcing myself to stop writing tonight because I love the word count that I stopped on ^_^

What with being on, some of the days I got no more than 500-700 words in, and on other days (like today) I had a twelve hour drive home, so I spent most of that time writing and finally getting to the exciting parts.

I know some people, when they write, they’ll write the exciting parts first and then go back and fill in the details. What I’ve found though, is when I do that, I’ll have fun writing the exciting parts, but then it’s nigh impossible to convince myself that I really should go back and finish the other little bits. Also, when I write that way, I find that I tend to conform myself to what I had planned out in the beginning, rather than going with the natural succession.

Sometimes thing change drastically from day to day, and even little thing might make it so that your big plan is all in ruins. By not writing the major stuff out, I find that I have both encouragement to get to the exciting stuff, and I’m able to write it like it should be, instead of the way I think it should be. The two are not always the same for me.

--Star Lit

No comments:

Post a Comment