Sunday, November 6, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Day 6


Status: 36,697 words / 50,000 words

What’s the biggest thing that makes writing 50,000 words in a span of 30 days hard?

That’s easy. School. Some of my friends are probably going to want to slap me for saying that (yes, you in college, I see you), but it’s true. Being my senior year, I’m trying to get all my classes finished. It’s not as easy as it seems when everything’s all over the board as far as classes go.

I have little bits and pieces of classes that I have to finish off and tie together. And they really don’t want to come together sometimes...

Add to that trying to get in 24 hours of Spanish, that I don’t really want to do because it’s slightly boring, well... staying motivated to still do my school, instead of spending all my time on NaNo is actually pretty hard.

For me, it’s not so much trying to reach the goal; it’s juggling everything else along side of NaNo. I can’t afford to be a one track mind during the month of November. Sometimes it seems impossible.

For example, this morning I had the SAT test. I hate tests. And I just spent the last month preparing for the ACT test that was two weeks ago. Switching gears from one test to the other isn’t very easy, and I really wasn’t ready for it this morning. Despite the fact that you might think the essay would be the easiest part, it was probably the worst for me. I feel like my logic was going in circles, or that it wasn’t even there in the first place... Add to it that NaNo was on my mind almost every moment I wasn’t in the midst of a test... well, you get the idea.

Now, since the words are blurring in front of me, I think it’s time to go to bed. Even with time change, I’m still ready to go to bed now. So tired.....

--Star Lit

No comments:

Post a Comment