Monday, November 21, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Day 21


Status: 81,163 words / 50,000 words

Regular? Maybe. We'll see. Just watch, something will come up... :P

Oh goodness, I feel so bad for my character. Last night I left him at a cliff hanger, precariously balancing somewhere between life and death, and today I gave him an emotional breakdown and still no real answer on that life and death question... makes me almost feel sorry for him. Except he isn’t real :/

Now that I’ve actually gotten to the interesting parts though, all my research that I did over the last few months is really coming in handy. Instead of having to search all across the internet, looking from something unspecific, I just have to look in my carefully compiled folder of notes of the different subjects.

There’s all kinds of interesting things in there, from asking questions about people who aren’t vegetarian’s views on vege-meats, to trying to figure out if something is really possible, and the effects of physics on that... as I said earlier, research is my favorite part of writing.

The one on vege-meats was actually pretty interesting for me, especially considering that I am a lifelong vegetarian, and I have no experience whatsoever with regular meat foods. From the reactions of people eating vege-meats, it seems that there is a difference, but as long as they didn’t try to think of it as meat, they liked it. Very handy knowledge for my character that isn’t a vegetarian, but seems to have dislikes towards a lot of meats... did not mean for that to happen! It also gave me a realistic reaction to his first few experiences with vege-meat.

With this major setback in life, I think he’s going to look back on those fun filled (haha, boring for me to write) summer days and wish for them to come back, even though at the moment, he had hated them. Something tells me much will be cut in the edits later on...

Anyway, rambling done for now.

--Star Lit

No comments:

Post a Comment