Saturday, November 5, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Day 5


Status: 32,036 words / 50,000 words

I’m losing my mind. Already. NaNo is eating me alive, and I’m already forgetting things. Things are not going to end well tomorrow... Anyway...

Another little nifty thing from my NaNo blogging whatchamacallit: Name two songs from your playlist that you feel are connected with your novel in some way, and explain how they are.

Right. So currently, I’m listening to Enya. A lot. I got my dad’s iPod recently, and all it has on it is Enya, Abba, and Josh Groban... So I’ve been switching between Enya and Josh Groban. Personally, I like Enya for writing, because some songs are so slow, calm, and soothing at first, but then they change to something more... I don’t know, more energetic. Other are just energetic from the beginning, but that’s a different story. :P

Two songs that I feel most connect with are The River Sings and Drifting.

The River Sings sort of has that hopeful mood to it, which in reality is a huge thing in my novel. I don’t normally put music to books, but this one just seems to fit.

The second one is Drifting, also by Enya. It’s slow and calm, giving my character a break from the world. It’s almost the way he escapes away from all the things around him when too much is going on. Drifting in your daydreams I guess. It’s also a great one for plotting what’s going to happen next. Listening to it right now. It also puts me to sleep... might not be such a good thing.

Bed is calling my name ^_^ Thank goodness for time change tomorrow.

--Star Lit

No comments:

Post a Comment